Friday, January 30, 2009

It Was Just About The Photos



A while back, I mentioned that I had my brand new Moving Star external hard drive crash shortly after I got it. With this crash, went all my photos from our St. Patrick's Day party in 2007 and also my husband's 50th birthday celebration. However, I happily found the above two pictures that were taken and placed in a folder on the hard drive of the family PC. The sole purpose for this blog was to document the improvement (or lack thereof) of my photography skills and would only be viewed by me. Little did I know that keeping a blog and eventually making it public could lead to the fun that it has. One of the best things is finding fellow bloggers with similar interests to mine. One blogger in particular has gone above and beyond normal blogging duties by offering me a help in creating blog banners.

Last night I had the privilege to meet Angie Arthur (well, not in person but over the phone) of The Arthur Clan fame and I Heart Faces fame. We had talked via the internet a good while back about my banner making skills (or lack thereof) and Angie graciously offered to walk me through using Photoshop to create a banner for my blog. Unfortunately, being the non-expert at CS4 that I am, I got hung up on about step 3 of her instruction and try as I might to unlock the stubborn layer, we didn't get far into the tutorial. However, we will try again once I do some homework on my end.

Angie, I just wanted to stay that I appreciate you taking time out of your hectic schedule and also away from Sweatiepy to help a fellow blogger out. It was wonderful to chat with you and I'll look forward to delving into this again very soon, after I get my layers all lined up!

It may have started out as just being "about the photos" but my blogging has become so much more thanks to people like Angie.

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

You are so sweet Dot! It was such a joy to finally "meet" you...I just wish I had known how to help you more though.

At least this means that we'll get to talk again real soon! :) I'm looking forward to it.