Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Bokeh



I forgot that Miz Boo had an assignment to post pics on Flickr showing how we were able to capture bokeh in our holiday photos. While I did miss the deadline for posting them on Flickr (I realized this when I read Pioneer Woman's entry today), I can still post them here. The two pictures I am featuring here were taken on December 20 in Cape May, NJ, inside Congress Hall where they had a HUGE tree decorated all the way up to the rafters. Although the tree was one of the fattest ones I had ever seen, the ornaments and lights really made it look almost pretty - it was just a very "leggy" type tree with branches sticking out every which way.

Anyway, here are a couple shots I took. Hopefully 2009 will bring me lots of opportunity to read up and learn how to take better pictures.

Today, I began the chore of de-decorating and I'm not done. One of the things I did was fill one tub of all of the things that I will need at the very beginning of the next Christmas season and that tub will be the last to get stored in our attic so that it will be the first one we bring out! I feel so darn organized!!

Tomorrow I will hopefully finish packing all of the ornaments up and put them away. Tomorrow night is the first night of my next knitting class called "Rambling Rows". I will take a photo of my yarn color selection to share on my blog. I think it's going to turn out very nice.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Love your holiday bokeh photos!
I put the Christmas ornaments away on New Year's Day. We enjoyed the Christmas tree lights for a few more days, and put the tree away last night.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Great shots. I forgot to take bokeh shots! Oh well.

Hey... I can see your photo in my comments now! Yeah!!

Shauna said...

~HAPPY NEW YEAR~ Just wanted to remind you the Happy New Year offer ends Mon. Jan. 5th at noon for the free 8x10 print. Spread the word for people to post and e-mail David Bowman by then :) Have a beautiful Sunday! ♥ Hugs! Shauna

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I completely forgot to enter my photos into that assignment as well. We can all blame it on the craziness of Christmas...right?!

Love the bokeh shots. I think I'm just in love with bokeh now. Ha!