Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dogs On Thursday


Boy was it ever windy here today. I didn't venture to take Freckles for a walk in it for fear of something hitting him (or me for that matter). On a brief errand run, I did note a huge old tree had fallen down, just missing the owner's house by a mere couple of feet. The tree was massive. I didn't have my camera with me but I know there's going to be a lot of firewood for that house - I wonder if they even have a fireplace....

There were some amazing clouds blowing by also (I didn't take pictures, though) and the contrast between the bright sun and the dark, dark clouds was really interesting. Had I gone out to my sister's house for our weekly Thursday get together, I would have had my camera with me and I would have taken pictures. Unfortunately, she scheduled a dentist appointment smack dab in the middle of MY TIME SLOT with her. How dare she! We will get together next Thursday and work on Photoshop together. She can show me some things like unlocking locked layers, etc. (Angie, I hope to get a handle on my layer problem after my visit with her). She's a graphic artist who worked for years using Photoshop so I think she'll be able to help me out.

Other than that, not much is happening in my neck of the woods, except for my entry into this weeks Dogs On Thursday! Be sure to go and visit other fantastic dog photos and also read about the latest news in the pet world, including dangerous items for our furbabies to watch out for around Valentines Day.

Ceili 10/28/06 -8/7/08











He's not supposed to get on the furniture but lately Freckles has been feeling "entitled" for some reason and this is how I found him several mornings ago. Please note that the green blanket was neatly folded on the back of the couch just minutes before.

6 comments:

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hahaha, silly human....as a Beagle he is entitled to a whole squishy couch to himself, complete with blankets, folded, not folded...whatever!
That's a great photo of Ceili too, almost as if she's posing. (imagine...a Beagle...posing!)
Slobbers xx

Sue said...

Oh, he looks so comfortable. That's the way I'd like to spend a winter day.

uberrhund said...

Entitled is a very good word for how ,shall we say "older" beagles ,act toward us!
Tish is often downright pushy with us weather it is to be fed early or for me to contort MY feet so she can roll over under the desk and block the entire area!
Freckles looks so cute though under the green blankie!
Tish was always allowed on everything but she is now so elderly that she just moves from her front room bed to blocking the front door to blocking the desk,hallway,kitchen door,to the bedroom bed! It is all very well planned and executed!

dogyarnfun said...

Freckles looks really comfortable all snuggled under the green blanket.

Lapdog Creations said...

He looks nice and cozy there!

Mindy said...

Awww, so cute in the first photo (and the second one too). Sleeping on the couch like that, he looks a bit like my dog Zeus. He not only takes up a couch spot, but loves to hog the bed.