Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yes, There Really Was Warmer Weather





It seems that mother nature for the most part has decided to skip autumn this year and dive headlong right into winter. I decided that I needed a "boost" of sorts and dug into some photo files that captured some of my summertime memories. It really does make me feel happy to view these shots again and remember what the sand felt like on my feet, the ocean and the bay breezes against my face, the sight of the seagulls and terns flying overhead, and the sounds and smells that go along with a long walk down a busy boardwalk in the evening.

There is a certain feeling that I have always gotten as my car crossed over the causeway from mainland New Jersey to the shore points - instant happiness (and unfortunately, usually an instant craving for soft serve ice cream and hot caramel popcorn)....yes, I do miss the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of summertime.

2 comments:

Pam O'Brien said...

Those are beautiful shots, Dot! May the memories warm your heart. :-)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Great shots and great memories to have!