I visited Angie Arthur's blog today and she had a meme to participate in....
Okay, Angie, here goes!
(Oh, and if anybody is a Toby Keith fan, you will recognize the title of my blog entry today)
1. Were you named after anyone?
My mom – her name is Dorothy Mary. Never quite understood why I was just name Dorothy – no middle name, and I’m the youngest and the only one out of my four siblings who didn’t get a middle name. I guess times were tough when I was born
2. When was the last time you cried?
I guess my last really good cry was the day I had to put my young, otherwise physically healthy (but not mentally) dog to sleep in August. She was so happy and wagging her tail but all involved in her care knew it was best for her.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
None, I don’t care much for lunch meat.
5. Do you have kids?
Yes, I have two wonderful teenagers who have been featured at various times on my blog.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I think I would. Except when I get in a bad mood, then I would have to drop me as a friend!
7. Do you use sarcasm?
Yes, but would prefer it if I didn’t – I do try to stop myself.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
No, they came out in sixth grade! And, they stuck me in a pediatric ward with a room full of screaming babies and toddlers who cried all night long! Yup, that was back in the day when they actually kept you IN the hospital after surgery. I was the only one in the ward who was old enough to talk!
9. Would you bungee jump?
Nope, not for all the money in the world.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Like Angie, I’m a kid – who loves Lucky Charms!! However, I usually eat frosted mini wheats or Cheerios because they are “healthy”.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Not always, but I hate having to untie them to get them back on so I do make an attempt to untie when removing.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Ditto Angie!! -Anything with chocolate and peanut butter in it.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Eyes and smile!
15. Red or pink?.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
The fact that the weight seems to be finding me lately – I guess Easter didn’t help this either.
17. Who do you miss the most?
I am fortunate, I have my family close by.
18. Do you want everyone to complete this list?
It would be fun if they did but whatever.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Jeans and black clogs!
21. What are you listening to right now?
My music playlist – “Moonlight Serenade” by Glenn Miller.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
23. Favorite smells?
Clean baby heads, baked apple anything, my son after he has showered with his Ax shower gel, my hub when he uses his cologne.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My neighbor last evening.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I most certainly like the person who put this out there on her blog (Angie) and we have never even met, only chatted on the phone, but I hope one day to have a photo excursion planned with her!
26. Favorite sports to watch?
Baseball and ice hockey.
27. Hair color?
Reddish brown but going gray so I am now “supplementing”.
28. Eye color?
29. Do you wear contacts?
No, I have to wear progressives – doc said contacts won’t work for me….. big bummer there.
30. Favorite food?
Pasta with seafood on top!
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
No scary movies...ever. Hate them. I don’t do anything scary movie-wise – dates back to nightmares I had as a kid. I love happy endings!
32. Last movie you watched?
Legally Blonde for the umpteenth time – I love that movie!
33. What color shirt are you wearing?
Maroon long-sleeved t-shirt.
34. Summer or winter?
Summer for sure!
35. Hugs or kisses?
Kiss for those close to me, hugs for everyone else.
37. Most likely to respond?
Hate this question too.
38. Least likely to respond?
Hate this question.
39. What book are you reading now?
Nothing at the moment – too busy with blogging and photography.
40. What is on your mousepad?
I don't have a mousepad. I have a laser mouse and I just use it on whatever surface is close by.
41. What did you watch on t.v. last night?
A bit of Little People Big World, but I was on my laptop most of the evening watching my new puppy play with her siblings on Ustream.
42. Favorite sounds?
Sweet sounds of springtime/summertime – birds, the whir of a lawnmower in the distance, and my kids just discussing something fun.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
44. What is the farthest you've been away from home?
Backpacked through England, Ireland, and Wales!
45. Do you have a special talent?
I used to draw, play piano and flute but I lost my talented genes when I gave birth to my kids.
46 Where were you born?
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back?
Anyone who wants to leave their answers in the comments below. I love reading how we are all different and similar.
48. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
I met my hub on a blind date. I worked with Nancy, he worked with Jeff, Nancy and Jeff were a couple so they introduced us. We were actually both at Nancy and Jeff’s wedding but never noticed each other.