Friday, December 19, 2008

A Brief Escape

Hubby and I were supposed to go to Cape May, NJ for a weekend getaway with friends. It's an annual tradition highly sustained on ritual - we eat at the exact same restaurant on Friday night when we arrive





, eat at the same restaurant for breakfast on Saturday morning,






and spend Saturday afternoon shopping at the same mall we shop at every year.








The only variations occur with where we eat Saturday night (usually a higher class restaurant than the pub setting on Friday night) and what we do that evening. Come this Saturday evening, hubby and I will do something we've never done before - come home.... My daughter was asked to a dance (a Snow Ball) and the dance is on Saturday night. So, our weekend getaway will be about 24 hours shorter than it usually is but half is better than none, right?

1 comment:

KVC said...

Cape May is on my list of places I'd like to visit. I'll have to contact you when I decide to go.