Thursday, March 26, 2009

More From The Archives





Between my husband and I, we have amassed a fair amount of old family photos. I spent hours upon hours scanning and editing his side's family photos so that I could put together a DVD as a Christmas gift for all of them this past Christmas.

My sister and I also have done some scanning work and touching up of old pictures. She's wonderful at fixing up photos that have a fair amount of damage to them.

The photos I have here are just a very few of the tons of pictures we have (both photograph and slide format) to hopefully get on a DVD one day. They feature the grandfather I never knew but I am sure I would have loved! One shows my dad with his mom back during WWII, and the other photo shows two soldiers my mom met during WWII at Fort Dix, New Jersey back when they had the weekend dances there and all of the young girls would get all dolled up for their night of dancing and fun. Maybe someone will stumble upon my blog entry and recognize those two men. I'd love to know who they were and what became of them.

5 comments:

uberrhund said...

Beautiful family ! The one sitting in the rocker could have been my dad or Uncles at anytime in their later years,,,that must be the universal outfit of comfort when you retire...pressed white shirt and a good sweater!
I should get out a few of our photos and scan them in I know we have some good ones.

Rick said...

That does sound like a lot of work, but a well worth project.

Thanks for sharing your story on my blog. You do understand my pain.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I am such a huge fan of vintage photos. My aunt has almost all of the ones from our family and I wish I could my hands on them. :( These are al wonderful Dot!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Oh I love really old photos.....Dot, how exciting if someone came forward and knew those two, can you imagine?
Stranger things have happened!
Slobbers for Freckles xx

Christina said...

Nice photos! Much work putting together the DVD, but a wonderful gift!