Monday, March 23, 2009

Forgetting Troubles, If Only For A Few Hours








Word has it that our St. Patrick's Party was a smashing success! I guess I could tell it was when we had to push the last guests out the door at 2:05 AM - and some of them continued dancing to Sugarland (on a car radio of course) in our driveway before they drove off. I wonder what my neighbors thought? However, many of them were at the party earlier and had the sense to get home and in bed at a more reasonable hour. All of the guests live within a few block radius so it makes for a close and convenient night of entertainment for them.

If you look at the faces in these few photos, you see many smiles - smiles hiding lost jobs, failing health of elderly parents, and a child who is terminally ill with cancer. We all had a blast, we ate, we danced, and we played "name that tune and artist", which is always a hit! Everyone had an evening to enjoy and forget their troubles, even if only for a few hours.

Although I dragged my feet in agreeing to this party (my husband loves to celebrate this holiday), I'm glad I did - I think it gave many people a break from reality for a little while.

Sunday was spent recuperating from the party. Someone tell me how I could wake up with a pounding headache when I didn't even drink!! So not fair. I had hoped to maybe get out and take some photos but that didn't happen.

5 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Isn't that they way it is when you are a hostess? You never have a spare moment to even record the event in photos. :)

Looks like you had a smashing time!

ChickenGal said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Sometime we don't always want to go through all the fuss, but when we do, we are rewarded with joyous friends!

uberrhund said...

You are so right about being glad you had the party afterall. Everyone will recall a good , fun time was a part of THIS week!
Bob helped set up a weekday surprise party for a fairly famous old guy car customizer today. The friend, Bill was turning 86 and he goes to his shop everyday 6 days a week so the guys set up with the next door shop to have the party/lunch there...Bill was so happy that they had not only remembered his birthday but were cagey enough to fool him all morning too!
Bob said almost the same thing you said, he has declined to go to many events in his life but now he goes to everything he can because THAT day will never happen again.

Christina said...

We all have stuff in our lives, and it's good to share good times with friends. Sounds like a great evening ~ that's why your guests weren't leaving any earlier! Re the headache, it's from all the laughing and fun and staying up late!

Tim said...

That looks like it was so much fun. If you meant Sugarland in Houston then I think we might have heard you guys up here in The Woodlands. LOL

Love and prayers,

Tim