Friday, August 20, 2010

Sock It To Me .......

At first this may appear to be an intricate knitting project I am currently undertaking.


However, truth be told it is a sock!


Two socks actually, two fairly dirty socks.

These socks have been sitting here since Sunday afternoon - when my college-bound daughter peeled them off of her sweaty feet following her participation in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament.  I wouldn't normally have a problem with her removing her wet socks. In fact, I think it's a good idea!

However, these socks have been sitting in this one spot since Sunday, and it is now Thursday.  And, the socks have been sitting outside one of the entrances to my home....

...the entrance we use all day long when we come and go from our house...


And the entrance that friends and neighbors use....


And I have had to repeatedly walk by them, day in and day out. I refuse to take them inside. You don't know how hard it was for me to just walk on by, but I did walk on by every single day.  I really couldn't figure out why they sat there so long and considering she's leaving for school this week, I didn't want to make a big stink about it (no pun intended), but I really found these socks to be annoying.


Is it just me? Am I making a big deal out of it? Could I just exercise a bit more tolerance?

I THINK NOT!



3 comments:

Drew said...

Ha! She'll never move them, you know. Trust me, you're the only one who notices them. And..you'll probably be the one to remove them...eventually. :) Gotta love motherhood!

Unknown said...

: )
That is funny. I did think it was a special knitting project at first and I was thinking, WHOA! How cool is the Dots-ter :). Is she going to take them to college? : ) Do you think that she even notices them?

Adrienne Zwart said...

I can't believe you were able to resist picking them up!