Wednesday, July 30, 2008

August 7, 2008, 7 PM



Sadly, the day has finally come that I have to admit that Ceili's aggression problems are larger than me and out of the realm of my capabilities. Not too many pet owners have the opportunity to know that exact date and time they will be saying goodbye to a beloved pet, especially one as young as Ceili, who at age 3 or 4 is just entering doggie adulthood.

However, I take comfort in the fact that I explored every option available to us to try and make this work and for almost two years we gave this little creature of God the good life that she probably would not have had had my friend not found her roaming on a highway. She got to experience almost two years of love, compassion, patience, and acceptance after who knows how long a period of neglect and indifference.

We are blessed with the next week to let her know how much she means to us despite her issues, however the ending has been determined, although I think God already knew that when he sent her to us.

No comments: