Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Need For Sprucing Up A Bit ADDED PHOTOS

I need and want a more vibrant banner. I also need a chunk of several hours to figure out how the heck to do this. I would like to be able to change it based on seasons. I think I need to go back to PW's tutorial on banner making and see if I can follow what she did with her banners.

Wouldn't it be just wonderful if those of us who share an interest in photography and Photoshop lived somewhat near each other? I've made some amazingly wonderful connections with mom photographers all over the country but nobody nearby me has these interests. I'm all alone, out in the "wild", with nobody to guide me...

It's raining today so I will have to call upon some older pics to post. Be back later, after work!

Actually, I ended up throwing the office window up for a brief photo shoot. Here are two of the pics I got - very simple but I think capture the weather and season today. Somewhat bleak, very balmy and very wet!!!




A young boy's dream - meeting an NFL player he really likes a lot! What a sweetheart Philadelphia Eagles kicker, David Akers, was to my son when an usher at a local concert back in June 2007 decided that my son should meet David and get his autograph. By the smile on my son's face, you can tell he was in his glory. The picture quality is not great as you cannot bring anything thing other than a point and shoot to the concerts and my daughter's camera was on its way out. However, the moment was captured forever. What a nice man he is - his autograph reads, "God bless you, David Akers".

2 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Dot ~ we need to plan a blogging/photography/photoshop retreat for all our online friends. That would be the best!

I don't know a whole lot about Photoshop, but I'd be more than happy to try to walk you through making a banner. It's really not as hard as it looks ~ just a lot of different steps.

Feel free to email me at angelastamps@hotmail.com if you have any questions you can think of.

(Loved the pics and the story about your son!)

Christina said...

Your weather pics are pretty ~ not as gloomy as your description of the weather. :)

Great photo memory for Danny! Thanks for sharing!