Friday, December 12, 2008

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

Today is Skywatch Friday and today is the third day of rain. Tonight is supposed to be the biggest full moon of the year and I am hoping to be able to take a picture of it, however the clouds are so heavy right now it would seem that it would take a strong, strong wind to blow them out in time. Here's to hoping for clear skies later in the day.

In the meantime, hubby and I will do a little bit of Christmas shopping and then at 6:30 tonight we are running a wedding rehearsal at our church with......are you ready for this....THIRTY-THREE people in the bridal party. This is our biggest wedding rehearsal ever!!! The bride assured me that they are doing everything possible to prevent it from appearing like a circus act. We'll see how this goes. She sounded very organized and to the point so despite the huge herd of a procession, my gut tells me this is still going to run smoothly - even with six little kids involved in it.

I'll update later and let you know for sure.


UPDATE!!! I can participate in Skywatch Friday! Yay!


The skies parted for a little while today and the clouds put on a nice display for my camera. I hope you think so too. One shot is almost an optical illusion, making it appear that the clouds are below us, at least to my eye.









Also, Miz Booshay asked us to dig out the oldest ornament on my Christmas tree and photograph it. Well, here is my "angel"! As far back as I can recall, it was always my job to place her on the tree (eventually her little string broke so I would place her "in" the tree). I think we got her when I was about 3 years old and now at 49, I still have her and she still maintains a place of honor every year!


8 comments:

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

That IS a lot of people! ha! Good luck tonight:-) Have a great weekend!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

SkyWatch Friday didn't happen for me this week either...it's too dark and gloomy around here.

Good luck with that wedding party. Sounds like you are going to be busy!

Donna Boucher said...

We love to place our faves in honorary places!

Your ornament is so sweet!

Terri said...

It's been mostly gray and rainy here too (which might be the same place you are); I cheated and used a photo of Mt. Hood from earlier in the week. http://teelgeephotos.blogspot.com/

Lylah Ledner said...

Hi there my new friend! thanks for stopping by to say hello! Love the little angel doll. Blessings...lylah

Sunita Mohan said...

Those photos of the sky are amazing! Wow! The second one makes me feel like I'm being pulled inside. And the first... the first one is awesome!

Taiska said...

Nice clouds in your sky!

Jules said...

So nice to catch up Dot - love all the interesting posts on your blog - great reads!!!



I am late visiting as I am having phone probs but better late than never I guess!!!suscran